Wednesday 11 April 2012

Katie Larmour : Belfast Fashion Week


Words can not discribe how happy I was when Katie told me she was going to wear one of my avant-garde digital print dresses to host the friday night at Belfast Fashion Weeks TV.  Along with a cute Pluck and Devour  (www.pluckanddevour.com) necklace and a glamous pair of nude heels.   

 

 

The dress that Katie wore was from my first ever collection, and was an extenstion of my fashion and textile final year degree collection that I had graduated from the previous June.  Orginaly this dress had been submitted in the previous Belfast Fashion Week as a part of my A/W collection but was over seen by my more wintery toned garments.  When Katie worn it this season everyone started to approach me thinking that it was from my current S/S collection.  Im not sure why people are only taking intrest of this dress only now, It could be because people have seen how beautifully katie pulled it of, could be because the colours are more relavant to this season or maybe its because I have more fans now than I would have at the previous Belfast Fashion Week.  The following images are how the dress was previosly shown.   



  



With katie wearing my dress so beautifully it was no surprise when images of katie wearing the  Nor Lisa dress started to pop up everywhere.  One of the ones katie personailly linked me to was the coverage by the fantastic Sugahfix.com.  Now I have previously been feature by this website before but what got me so excuited this time was that for the first time one of my garments featured as the main image.  So I would like to thank the Sugahfix team for this, and for their continuing support on up and coming local designers <3 



A little bit about the dress.  This dress is called the cloud dress, the story behind it is basically was to tie in with my spitfire ww2 theme it was a pilots view from a spitfire.  It was designed by myself on photoshop from a image I painted and scanned in, it was then digitally printed.  Every print I do will always be slightly differnt to insure that it remains unique.  The fabric is a very expensive high quailty silk chiffon as I always use the best fabrics and materials to create my garments. 

Lastly I would like to thank Katie.  When I first met Katie the first thing I noticed about her was her big friendly personaliy she is such a nice person and is a pleasure to work with.  She worn the Cloud dress with grace and elegant, she really gave it juctice.  I cant wait to work with Katie again which will be very soon so watch this space <3








Love Nor Lisa 


Please comment below as I would love feedback on the blog and my work.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment