Thursday 14 January 2016

My SS 2016 Trends in Prep For West Coast Cooler Belfast Fashion Week

Even though it doesn't feel like it outside Spring/Summer is surely on its way!  With my collection full swing underway I have decide to take some time out from my hectic schedule of sewing to bring to you my favourite key trends for SS16.  Now these are not all the trends just my favourites I feel my clients and myself will be sporting this season.

Playful Pieces
From pretty bows to clashing prints it doesn't matter how you play with your pieces this season as long as they are quirky and bright!  As a print designer any trend that incorporates the excuse to mix prints and pattern and I am their.  Mixing textures is also important in this trend so feel free to wear a loose chiffon blouse with a satin full skirt.  If your a bit shy on the statement side of this trend opt for mixing bright colours instead of prints.
 Gucci Spring/Summer 2016 Collection
Romantic Ruffles 
Jump head deep into a soft romantic dream this summer.  Ruffles have been massive for SS especially with dresses and blouses.  I love ruffles myself but I feel its all about the placement.  Too many in the wrong place can make you look like a clown so opt for some small placement detailing to help you achieve this look with out looking silly.  Chiffon's and silks are key.  
Michael Lors Spring/Summer 2016 Collection
 Dramatic Dyes
Yet more crazy prints for me to absorb myself in.   I am in print heaven with this trend.  Hand dyed fabric have always been big for SS but this season they have really came into their own, from splash prints to tie dying their are numerous techniques for you to try out for yourself.  Wear a floaty chiffon printed dress with sandals and a matching bag or strip this trend down and go for a pretty printed top with plain denim jeans (denim is also big this season)  
Baja East Spring/Summer 2016 Collection
Dream On
Underwear as outerwear in this day and age isnt a brand new concept, but this season the slip dress is back and looking sexier than ever.  For this trend think delicate and dreamy.  For me this is still quite a romantic look with fabric such as flowy chiffon, soft silk and lace detailing.  Slinky has never looked better.  
Tibi Spring/Summer 2016 Collection

So their you have it, some of my favouite key trends for this season.  I cant wait to share my own brand new SS16 collection with you this season exclusive to West Coast Cooler Belfast Fashion Week.  With the Launch next week I really have to get my head down and put the final touches on some pieces so til next time

Peace and Love

Lisa




No comments:

Post a Comment