Monday 18 April 2016

The Meadow Restaurant Enniskillen

If you live under a rock and haven't heard of The Meadow which is taking Enniskillen by storm then in summery it is a fantastic restaurant which uses local produce to create delicious well proportioned meals at a reasonable price.  The staff are well presented, helpful and polite which is very important to me.

On top of generally being well priced they also do these great themed nights such as Wednesday steak night, Sunday set menu and Italian Thursdays.  Every night you can either go by the set menu or choose from the on going regular menu which is great for a group of people with various tastes,  In a nutshell you will always find something for everyone.

As a big lover of Italy I was so excited when I seen the Italian night advertised that I straight away invited my sister blogger from Printed Skull Ink to come along with me for a girly night of sampling. We love any excuse to eat everything.


On a little side note I personally love when a restaurant provides a menu online before you attend, firstly because you are sure you will like something and do not want to waste your time secondly because it saves time knowing what your going to order when you arrive.  So if any restaurant owners or managers read this get on it.  

First up of course has to be the cocktails.  My sister doesn't drink so it was good to see they had a range of mock-tails for her to try.  They serve all the classics but have also created a few of their own. Donna ordered the daiquiri were as I opted for a custom made cocktail.  Presentation was flawless as you can see.
Me and my sister share food because we are adorkable like that so we ordered the salmon and the antipasto al italiano.  Both were served cold and the mix of textures and flavors really did it for us.  The size of the starter was amazing as we discussed how we have had smaller mains for double the prize in other local restaurants.
Yes we ordered three mains.  Dont judge us but we just couldn't decide and we could have definitely ordered more.  Its safe to say leftovers were taken home for the doggy and boyfriend. If your a cheese fan you have to try the Gnocchi Al Quattro Formaggi. Four different cheeses all blended together to make the most delicious dish I have ever had. We also had the Penne Al Salmone Killybegs smoked salmon , as a sauce lover I really appreciated the rich flavor with the crispy veg. Lastly we had the Pollo Al Funghi which again came with a creamy sauce which in my opinion made the whole dish come together perfectly.


 

Now time for the most important part.  The dessert.  Im not sure if this was on the menu but they were more than happy to give us a trio of desserts, Im not a fan of sticky toffee pudding but I loved this one, it was gooey in all the right places.  The chocolate fondant was soft, creamy and heavenly. lastly I had a mini creme brulee and Donna had the cheesecake both were a nice milder taste which made a good mix on the plate.

All in all The Meadow has just got to be one of my favorite places to eat.  I highly recommend this restaurant to everyone.  Please pop over and give them a like!
www.facebook.com/themeadowenniskillen


Peace and Love
Lisa xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment